12.19.2008

Maybe this Christmas...

Yay for it almost being Christmas! And I get Christmas fun a little earlier than most because Jeremy and I are having our family Christmas this Sunday since we have to drive to Arkansas to have Christmas with our families there. I have no idea what he got me, but the box is huge. I don't remember mentioning wanting anything that big, so I really have no idea what it is.

I think I got all my Christmas shopping done -- finally! I got a very nice Christmas bonus at work, so I was able to get everyone what I had really wanted to get them and not compromise on it due to finances, which was very nice. I don't usually go and buy everyone something for Christmas. We usually make cookie baskets and stuff, but with us being so far away that wasn't really an option this year as I'd have to make it so far ahead it would probably get crumbly and not so fresh, not to mention the 11 hour drive in a car full of luggage, gifts, and a stinky pug dog. I did try to get as much as I could from local shops and from etsy.com, so I don't feel too bad about my consumerism. I bought probably 17 or 18 things from etsy in the past month or so! It was soooo fun and it's going to be hard to stop once the Christmas season is over. Valentine's Day is coming up, though, and that's my FAVORITE holiday! I can't wait! I wish Kandi would come make Valentines with me some weekend!

I listed this little cupcake last night, and (sloppily) edited the photo to make it look like it's floating! Fun! I do need to work on my photoshop skills, though. There's a community class at AB Tech that is fairly affordable, so I should take it. Or do some online tutorials.
I'd like to give a shout out to the creators of my latest etsy purchases, all of which I LOVE so much:

The Early Girl for her adorable apple sweaters! Great little gifts for anyone on your list.


Toybreaker and Cyberoptix Tie Lab for their AMAZING, hand screenprinted ties. And the packaging is wonderful and perfect for immediate gift-giving!



















And last, but definitely not least, Eventual Invention for this perfect little felt apple snail named Walter. I ordered him as a gift for myself and he is divine! Eventual Invention's packaging is so lovely and fun to open! I really did feel like it was a special gift, and the quality of Walter is so great I think my real apple snails think they have a new friend! I'll try to get some pictures of him with my real snails.

Happy Holidays everyone! Be safe if you're traveling, and I hope everyone has a great time seeing their friends and family.

1 comment:

Kitty said...

We had lots of Christmas's too, trying to see everyone. We still have to go to my mother-in-laws tomorrow and then we're done, I think. :D Have a good one!